The device consists of a movement-control interface enabling the player to move within and influence an imaginary territory projected in the room. The title of the installation comes from mechane, ancient Greek for “engine”, referring to the crane used in Greek theatres in the 4th and 5th centuries BC to carry gods onto the stage.
- Creation: Chevalvert, 2017
- Contributors: Stéphane Buellet, Arnaud Juracek, Julia Puyo
- 3D design: Bloc-D
- Sound design: Julien Gerber
- Hardware: Leap Motion, video projector
- Software: 3D Unreal Engine
- Materials: wood, cardboard