Ink under paper
A backlit sheet of paper reacts to each of the physical contacts brought to it: it fills up with a digital ink, which spreads over the entire surface until the sheet itself disappears.
Ink under paper plays on the interdependence of paper and screen, concretizing the idea of a “digital material” modeled by an algorithm that reproduces the physical effect of absorption.
- Client: ETOPIA Center for Art and Technology (ES)
- Creation: Chevalvert, 2017
- Contributors: Stéphane Buellet, Arnaud Juracek, Julia Puyo
- Hardware: Infrared multi-touch frame, screen
- Software: Processing
- Materials: paper
- References: inspired by the Maze Generation algorithm: Hunt-and-Kill algorithm