Social Boids is a micro-society that invites visitors to interact with SoBos.
The installation is a game table, an ecosystem in which small luminous beings called SoBos move and interact. The colony is governed by interaction laws based on studies of crowd behavior. The behavior of each SoBo can express states of mind such as empathy, fear, attraction or joy.
- Client: ETOPIA Center for Art and Technology (ES)
- Creation: Chevalvert, 2017
- Contributors: Stéphane Buellet, Arnaud Juracek, Julia Puyo
- Hardware: camera, pico-projector
- Software: Processing
- Materials: wood
- References: inspired by the Boids algorithm by Craig Reynolds 1986, computer vision