Rythmus is an installation that turns visible a vital and intimate phenomenon: the heartbeat. Thereby light cycles unfold and evolve according to the concordances and differences of the heart rhythms of two users placed face to face.
Rythmus metamorphoses this individual physiological phenomenon into a shared experience. These exchanges, this biometric dialogue, generates sound and light rhythmics on the structure and the space in which the installation is staged. The device thus creates a union between the two users, the organic structure, the public and the surrounding space.
- Creation: Chevalvert, 2018
- Contributors: Stéphane Buellet, Arnaud Juracek, Patrick Paleta, Julia Puyo
- Technical development: Hémisphère – Chevalvert
- Production: Mirage Festival – Dolus & Dolus
- Original creation – Lyon – La Fête des Lumières 2018